Fingbox is the home network security system that monitors your network to identify intruders, block devices and analyse the quality of your Wi-Fi and Internet connection. It protects your home and family online. It is the digital companion that helps you manage, secure and control your home network and all the devices attached to it anytime from anywhere.
Understanding the internet and your network is not so easy. IT professionals make it even worse when they start using their jargon whilst trying to help you. Which makes it pointless because at the end of the day you would have understood nothing. The time of entirely depending on your ISP for answers with regards to your Wi-Fi network is now a thing of the past with the Fingbox.
Fing has simplified so many processes which makes it possible for anyone to install and use the Fingbox in their home without the aid of a technician. Fingbox gives a satisfying feeling when you are setting it up as it is just a plug and play device. All you have to do is to plug the power cable and the Ethernet cable to your router and you are good to go.
Fingbox LED lights
The Fingbox has 4 LED colour indicators which makes it easy to understand what is happening on your network so that you know how to respond. Below are the colours and their meaning:
- White single light means the Fingbox is powering up.
- Green pulsing light means your Fingbox is ready for activation
- Blue steady and continuous light is the normal light that you will see when everything is running ok on your Network.
- Blue half circles alternating means there is a new device detected. Here you will need to open the Fing app to recognise or block the device.
- Blue green spinning light means the Fingbox is running a Bandwidth analysis.
- Blue light spinning means internet speed test is running for upload speed.
- Green light spinning means internet speed test is running for download speed.
- The blue opposite lights spinning means there is a Wi-Fi speed test running.
- Blue sides pulsing means digital fence sensing
- Blue sides pulsing light appears when change has been received for example; when blocking a device.
- Pink steady dark pulse every 3s happens when there is a security alert, please open app and check.
- Orange/red pulsing light shows that internet has been unreachable for more than 5 minutes. Please check fingbox cable and ISP modem/router.
- Yellow spinning light just simply means that there is an upgrade in progress.
The above mentioned LED light don’t have to show if you don’t want them to. Should you want to dim or turn them off you can by going to the Fingbox settings and move the slider to adjust the brightness. You can also click on “Do not disturb” keep the lights low and only become brighter when attention is required. Click here to buy this product from us today. For more information about what you can do with the fingbox, click here to read one of our articles on My broadband.